Sunday, May 1, 2016

OMG: May Goalsetting!

Welcome to One Monthly Goal: May Goalsetting Linkup!

The Snowbirds roll into town today! I am busy preparing an Uno De Mayo feast to celebrate! Yesterday, I made use of two crockpots, and the pressure cooker, and my Kitchenaid.
There'll be no pounds shed around here today haha!

It's possible my goal for May is a bit far-fetched, but I really want to knuckle-down and quilt Summer Gatherings. I try to select project goals that may not have otherwise been a focus, but are still manageable. This may not fit the bill, but I must challenge myself! Plus, it has been awhile since I had a 'real' quilty finish! You may remember Summer Gathering:
The picture is staged, and a bit deceptive. The sandwich was promptly folded after this photo, and has been sitting beside the machine since.

It was while working on Summer Gathering last summer that I first met Lara, of BuzzinBumble! Several online friends sent me fabric needed to finish this quilt, and I like to say I have a few friends gathered in this one!
To celebrate the release of her new book, Lara is hosting an amazing Blog Hop that kicks off today, with a fabric giveaway (Vintage Picnic!),
and all these books to be given away through the month!
"Crafted Appliqué.... New Possibilities", photo by buzzinbumble

And look-ee here - I am in the lineup for week One!
Come back on Friday to read about my take on the book, and enter to win a copy of your own!
Lara Buccella        BuzzinBumble  
Introduce Tour    
Valerie Smith      Pumpkin Patch Quilter
Dana Gaffney        Stormy Days
Lorna McMahon  Sew Fresh Quilts
Mary S.
Heidi Kuntz        Red Letter Quilts
Alycia Carmin  Alycia Quilts

In addition to those giveaways, Lara has generously added to the OMG Prizepool this month! One lucky participant will win this lovely charm pack of Fossil Fern, out of print now and sooo hard to find!
 photo courtesy of buzzinbumble

Perhaps our stars were aligned  - I cut a bit of a rainbow for the May prizepool as well!

These pretties are 5"x18", cut from the Fusion Illusion bundle I used for Winter in Bloom.
Winter in Bloom is a Christmas version of my Summer Gathering quilt!
It is now a part of the Jaftex 85th Anniversary Look Book, a beautiful source of inspiration!

Note: Due to Uno De Mayo celebration, and the expected recovery, winners of the April OMG: It's Finished Linkup will be drawn and announced on Tuesday, May 3rd!

Time to link-up and get busy! Thank you all for cheering one another on!



THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
 One Monthly Goal, May Sponsors:

Bagmaker Supply $20 Store Credit
Fat Quarter Shop $25 Gift Certificate 

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with this month's goal and have a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay what a motivation this month! Thank you for hosting this fun linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Winter Bloom is amazing! Good luck with your May goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer Gathering is a beautiful quilt and I love it all the more for the fact that it's how we became friends Heidi! Immediately afterwards you surprised the socks off of me with with the adorable Bee journal you made for me.
    Can't wait to see your post on Friday! You cook up such great ideas in quilting that I bet you'll spoil your snowbirds with what you made for the feast too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo of the quilt all pinned and ready to be quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer gathering will be a lovely finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goal. Such pretty soft colours in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow I hope I get lucky this time.Love those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like a fun blog hop, looking forward to following it. This is the first time I have linked up with OMG. Time to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes we need to set a lofty goal. And if you don't finish, that's okay too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...