Monday, January 28, 2013

Liebster Award

I am honored to be a Liebster Award nominee thanks to Nina, a super friendly quilter over at http://dietingononeleg.blogspot.com/ . It has a few requirements, so now it is time for me to tackle them. Seems it will be a bit of a test in 'Linky knowledge' for a newbie like me! To qualify for the nomination, a blog must have less than 200 followers or me less than six months old. A blogger then earns the award by writing a post to include the following info:
  1. List 11 random things about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator.
  3. Choose 11 blogs to pass the award on to and link them to your post. ( I am still working on this!)
  4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people to answer.
Perhaps my nominees will have more visits to their sites if I list those first:
 
http://lizmakesstuff.blogspot.com
http://quiltingadventuresofaginger.blogspot.com/
http://irishthredhead.blogspot.ie/
http://quiltingbythesea-sarah.blogspot.com/

Questions for my nominees to answer:
1. Cats or Dogs?
2. AM or PM person?
3. Sand or Snow?
4. Floral or Plaid?
5. Warm or Cool colors?
6. Favorite Flower?
7. Who would you like to have lunch with if you could?
8. Hotel or tent?
9. Your first quilt pattern?
10. How many UFO's do you have stashed?
11. What is missing in your fabric stash?


Nina asked me the following questions:
1. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? I began drinking coffee at 42 years of age. Who says we gain wisdom with age?
2. Name one quilt or pattern that is on your "some day" list. I love Pineapple Quilts and have yet to make one
3. Do you live in the city or the country? Often referred to as 'Hendertucky', there are a lot of horses in my hood. I suppose it is country when you compare it to The Strip 25mi away.
4. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of blogging? Time seems to slide by when at the computer, but I am enjoying sharing techniques and conversing with bloggers,
5. Where (sewing room, dining room, etc.) do you sew? I have a bedroom i refer to as my 'studio'. My husband lined the walk-in with shelves for my Pallette. Here I am pictured in my studio
6. When you are not sewing or working, what activity do you do? Swim Swim Swim - Except in December and January! Brrr!
7. Do you sew in the quiet or is a radio or TV playing? What is it playing? I have enjoyed just thinking about this question. Equal time I'd say between quiet (in AM), TV (Only mindless TV that does not actually have to be watched, like news or sappy movies, and only when no major thinking is going on - say piecing or cutting). Music is a huge part of my life, and I tend to choose what relates to the mood I want to create in the quilt. I am listening to music during most design aspects; color palettes, arrangements, free motion quilting, etc.. Mood music includes Blues, Indie, Rock. I love female vocalists with some funk such as Rickie Lee Jones, Indigo Girls, Jonatha Brooke, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Joni Mitchell, Bonnie Raitt, Carol King, Sheryl Crow, Melissa Etheridge, Norah Jones, Sade, Billie Holiday, Abbey Lincoln - I could go on and on! Currently on the turntable is Sergio Mendes
8. Have you ever been to a quilt convention or retreat and if so, what did you like most about it? Although I have been to a few shows, I've yet to attend a retreat or convention.
9. Name a historical figure that you admire. Not necessarily an historical figure, I really admire swimmer  Diana Nyad  
10. Would you rather spend a day at a spa or a day at a fabric store? I have never spent a day at the spa, so I guess I would like to try it out before I answer that!
11. Do you like to ride roller coasters? The Roller Coaster of Life usually offers the thrill i need:-)

Hmm, 11 Random things about myself:

1. I currently have no pets.
2. I cut my hair off when it started going gray a couple years ago, and now it is in a very awkward, growing-back-out stage. What in the world came over me?
3. I have not used an alarm clock in years. I tend to wake with light, and would be seriously sleep deprived if I lived in Alaska,
4. I love the look of a light bedroom, but I keep mine very dark...
5. My Great Grandmother lived 104yrs. I last spoke with her when I was 16. She was a tough woman who did not speak of ailment. I learned after her death that she had 70% body burns after falling in a Montana geyser while camping when she was 17.
6. I am the youngest of six kids.
7. I avoided Home Ec throughout school, however my Grandmother was a Home Ec teacher. I regret that she never knew the passion I developed for sewing i developed shortly after her death.
8. I have always favored the arts and taught Raku classes in High School. I really wanted to be a potter, but took engineering courses in college since it seemed more practical.
9. I am not as practical as I used to be.
10. Salmon, Blackberries and Artichokes are among my favorite foods.
11. Yes, I am from the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi! I'm so flattered that you found my blog AND liked it :) And I'm really glad to find your blog! I just got nominated for the Liebster award last week by Hilary at Lemon Loves..., and put up the post two days ago! Here's the link http://irishthredhead.blogspot.ie/2013/01/the-reason-for-very-happy-few-days.html

    The award is such a good idea, and such a great way to meet new people and find new inspirational things :) Thanks again, and I'm off now to have a peep at your other nominees!

    PS sorry I sent all this in a comment, but you came up as a no-reply blogger, don't know if you knew that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, I will find the settings for replies- and check out your Liebster responses/links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi

    Wow thank you!! Lily's Small Blog meet is a great idea, I'm so pleased to meet you.
    Just like Aoife this is my second nomination - its such a complement and flattering. Unlike Aoife I unfortunately haven't gotten my blog post out yet though. I plan to have both out by the end of this week.
    I have replied to you via email too, even though it says you are a no reply blogger the email seems to have been 'sent'.

    thank you again
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Heidi. I've enjoyed reading your answers and visiting the blogs you listed. Hope you had fun with the award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nominating me! Here's my post: http://lizmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heidi. I enjoyed reading your Liebster Award post. It's a great way to get to know other bloggers. I look forward to browsing through your blog.
    Found you through someone else's blog just not sure which one as I have been blog hopping all over the place today ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...