As I strolled through blog posts to select those to share with Cheryl's Linkup Party over at Meadow Mist Designs, I found myself reflecting on what has really motivated me this year.
It is pretty clear that I like to create impulsively. This planning ahead thing feels like an oxymoron, at least as it pertains to quilty endeavors!
That said, I do like to actually finish quilts and I find that participating with goal-setting linkups really helps push me! Later this week, I will share quilts I have finished this year, thanks to so-said FAL's.
(byw, what will we do without ALYoF?!!)
Reflecting on my year really has me thinking about this tendency, that is to become distracted.
And this is the thought process which led to five favorite, impulsive finishes for 2015.
ALL of these are SMALL projects!
1. KitchenAid Cozy (March 2015), made for the Project Quilting Challenge at Persimmon Dreams.
(NOTE - Project Challenge 2016 begins January 3rd!)
2. Sweet Liberty Table Runner (May 2015), pattern tested for Julie at Intrepid Thread
3. 'One Sketchy Bee' (June 2015), Bookcover made to surprise Lara at BuzzN'Bumble!
4. All-American Lunch Tote (September 2015), made (with humor!) for the Bag it! Challenge hosted by Elm Street Quilts.
5. I made a lot of bags and pouches this year! It was hard to choose...
My favorite would be these two, inspired by the "wilderness" theme for Le Challenge.
I kept one and ran a giveaway for the other!
Wilderness Pouches. (Sept 2015)
To me, these celebrate the online quilting community, and friendships built through blogging.
So, there you have it! My favorite projects, and therefore my favorite blog posts, are the small, spontaneous items inspired by online challenges and linkups!