Monday, September 14, 2015

Le Challenge - Wilderness!

One of my favorite monthly linkups is Le Challenge - I find it so inspirational and do my best to come up with projects that challenge my own abilities!
Somehow, last month I forgot that we were given two months to complete the theme assigned in July! Soo, in August I rushed to complete a zipper pouch with one of my favorite stash-fabrics. I thought this fabric suited the Wilderness theme :-)
I used the pouch as a giveaway gift for followers, to celebrate my 200th post in August!
You can read about the make, and the tutorial I used HERE.

This month, I am without a sewing machine for SIX weeks, while in Alaska, so I brought a little slow-stitching project along that seemed perfect for the Wilderness Challenge. I finished it up last night, but I still am not real sure what I will do with the little stitchery once I return home.

"CATTAILS"

This is from a kit I have had for years now, designed by Betty Miles for Sunset. The yarns are wool. Only once have I done this kind of thing before, many moons ago...

Visit Le Challenge to view pics and read all the other interpretations of this month's fun theme, "Wilderness"
Thank you Lucy & Nat!

Today is Day Fourteen of the Jaftex 85th Anniversary Blog Hop and Giveway! Today's stop is with Melissa at Sew Bittersweet Designs, and tomorrow, September 15th is at Kati Cupcake! View the entire lineup, enter my FQ bundle giveaway, and enter to win the Grand Prizes at this link HERE!

Back to that Wilderness theme:
Here is a cell-phone shot I took yesterday after hiking a trail from The Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge.
The Aspens were absolutely stunning..

10 comments:

  1. I would feel bereft without my sewing machine for so long! Both your projects are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful hike! You are making the most of your time Heidi. Love the little snail and catttails and of couirse the challenge bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pouch is lovely. Could the little embroidery be used to decorate the side of another pouch?
    The colours in the trees are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet pouch! The stitching is so cute and the snail is appropriate for a slow project! Thanks for linking to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh to be without your sewing machine, I'm sure you're having withdrawal symptoms. The gorgeous snail is probably helping though. I'm sure Alaska is spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pouch - and lovely scenery, thanks for sharing on le challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh okay...I can see why living in Alaska would be awesome! But my toes..and my nose might not like the cold!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...