Monday, December 14, 2015

Le Challenge SPACE for Art Pens!

This month's Space challenge lured me to use some lovely Handmaids fabric from Quilting Treasures, to make storage bags and organize my art pens!

I used a heavyweight wool fabric to line the pencil roll that now holds my set of 24 Lyra watercolors.

The pouch holds all my fabric pens.
The pens are made by Evanscraft for Cross Stitch purposes, they work as well on fabric as Pigma Microns. I really treasure them because, unfortunately, they are no longer available.

I covered some foam-core board to stabilize the bottom.

The top fabric is almost like a burlap, perhaps a linen though I am unsure. Found the perfect little charm at Michael's!

Thank you so much Lucy, and Nat, for this month's Le Challenge theme, 'Space', that has prompted me to organize a bit!

Le Challenge

I am also linking these up with Bag It! at Elm Street Quilts - today is the last day of this fun challenge!

Elm Street Quilts

17 comments:

  1. Whaf a nice set. I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your zippy pouch and the pencil roll. They caught my eye because of the fabric (I made my grown artist son a quilt using it earlier this year). I will have to try a pencil roll and zip pouch with the scraps. You did a lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE the fabric and the pouches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag and such unique fabric! Thanks for stitching along with Elm Street quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is fabulous, I love the fabric! Perfect for all the media we stash with our fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pouch and pencil roll are wonderful, Heidi. I have never seen this color chip fabric before. Too cool and so appropriate for this type of project! I am pretty sure your cream fabric is actually Osnaburg. I have used it alot over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bag and pencil roll. This is a really interesting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great products go like that and can never be replaced! Your bag is excellant! I think I will make one myself for my color pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such perfect fabric! Both adorable and I like the idea of adding in the covered bottom. Thanks for linking up to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Echoing the comments on how perfect that fabric is for these projects. Oh, and Hookers Green is a new color to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I meant to point that one out, Hooker's Green is new to me as well!

      Delete
  11. Perfect fabric for this project. Hopefully you are now more organised!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I adore that watercolour fabric! Well done on your makes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome fabric. I didn't see Hookers Green on my small smart phone until Janine pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! I love it! The fabric choices, the zipper charm, both items are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always loved that fabric Heidi. It could not have been a more perfect choice fotr your Beautiful bag and pencil roll. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...