Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Le Challenge - SINGLE! Learning to Threadpaint

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot the SINGLE Challenge!
I was aware that LeChallenge was set to coincide with the Cozy Afternoon Blog Hop this month, I tackled my project almost immediately after the theme was announced last month!
One Single Ornament!
I have been trying to make time to learn some art quilting skills this past year, and my own personal goal for Le Challenge has been to incorporate that goal. With this challenge, SINGLE, I tried thread painting! And since this year is turning into what feels like a big Christmas-fest, I started with simple sketches of ornaments, then played with a few fabric markers to put the backgrounds on muslin.

What I really gained with this project is a new appreciation for thread-painting! It takes a long time! And perhaps more practice ;-)
This is my favorite of the three, and the only one I took the time to complete. I used several thread types, sulky, poly, and the metallic.

It think this is my 5th or 6th Christmas finish this year! And I am doing Cozy Afternoon with a Christmas theme as well!

8 comments:

  1. What a good job for beginning. And practice does help us get better. Thanks for posting your challenge project. I am also doing the Cozy Afternoon. I never thought to do it in Christmas fabrics. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a lovely job! It feels early for Christmas- but then it always feels early for Christmas until it is suddenly late and a rush! Thread painting... now there is something I have not even thought about.... Oh yet more skills to acquire when I can retire...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. Thread painting is something I've always wanted to try but never plucked up the courage xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. Thread painting is something I've always wanted to try but never plucked up the courage xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to challenge yourself to develop a new skill. Your decoration is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embroidery is beautiful Heidi! Thanks for sharing on le challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! ! Did you use a hoop?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My gosh Heidi you are going to master thread painting for sure. This is a gorgeous piece! It almost looks machine embroidered, except that it has a more appealing, handmade look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...