Friday, August 29, 2014

Share a Finish Friday - Time Flies

I refer to this guy as, 'Time Flies'
These little hour glass squares were leftover after piecing my donation quilt from last year's 100 Quilt for Kids. I can't believe a year has gone by and it is time again to link up our donation quilts! Hosted this year by Heather of Quilts in the Queue , she has worked hard to obtain oodles of incentives! I thought about what to make and remembered all the odd scraps I had saved, dug them up, made some pinwheels, and finally arranged everything with some negative space.
(This pool was closed when I went for laps. It is still 90 degrees around here, but school has begun.
Is summer really over? What a shame!
I don't remember going to school in August...)

I wanted to play with the quilting a bit since I had all that space. The bubble-cables are a new pattern for me. I had sketched them in my notebook awhile back, from a library book by Angela Walters. I just visited her blog for the first time, and (wow!), noticed some beautiful paisley feathers she has been doing. I saved the link so I can return to check out her video tutorial!
This baby quilt is for Project Linus.
I thought Winnie the Pooh was perfect for the back.
And I found one more orphan patch...
I am pleased to announce that this quilty finish meets my August AYOLF goal (#49) and I can link up with Fiber of all Sorts Finishes Party!

Over the weekend, I will be visiting and linking up as well with Friday Finishes:
 
TGIFF, held this week at Ms. Midge,
 
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop, at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
 
Thank you so much for reading today, hope you have a terrific holiday weekend!



7 comments:

  1. very pretty, love those hourglass blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, that is such a refreshing and beautiful quilt! Your quilting is AWESOME and very original too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fresh and pretty! The kids are going to love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute kwilt for a sweet Project Linus child. Way to pay it forward. One of my fav charities to make kwilts for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like, I like and so perfect that you were able to use up leftovers for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt, and your quilting is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you quilted this beautiful piece...very sweet looking! I don't remember going to school until September either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...