Friday, January 27, 2017

OMG: January Finish!

My husband and I have lived without a dining room set for most of our marriage. For a couple year's before we moved to the SW, we did have a beautiful game set but we chose to leave it behind with the snowblower. We've usually used our dining spaces as a lounge-type area, but currently it is an online shipping and storage area. Sometimes I really miss a dining room; when guests are here, holidays, and especially when I see Carole's lovely table-scapes. Last year, I sold my special china of 30+ years. Shipping them all off was a sad day really, but they had only been out of their boxes a few of those years and used a couple dozen (memorable!) times.

Point is, I am without many options for a photo-shoot to share this set of quilted placemats and table runner.
I wasn't sure of the dimensions needed and made the runner rather skinny to be sure it would all fit on the table...
It is about 7" wide and 40something long.
Bound, wrapped and shipped! These were a belated-Christmas gift! I know they look Christmas-ish, but these are colors that really go well in the recipient's home and I am really hoping that they can be used year-round.
The placemats were made as two panels, quilted and then cut apart into six mats. I used a new-to-me brand of quilting thread.
My local LSC charges over $14 for Aurifil, and very limited in colors. I found a local embroidery shop that carries the Floriani brand. I am still an Aurifil snob, but this thread quilted really well, it is 40wt, all-cotton, and I had no problems with it at all.

Yippee, my January goal is complete and I am one-for-one! I am so happy to join the finishes-party at Elm Street Quilts!

16 comments:

  1. I certainly would use it all year round. It is a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danette, it was well-received!

      Delete
    2. Hello Everybody,
      My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
      First name......
      Middle name.....
      2) Gender:.........
      3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
      4) Loan Duration:.........
      5) Country:.........
      6) Home Address:.........
      7) Mobile Number:.........
      8) Email address..........
      9) Monthly Income:.....................
      10) Occupation:...........................
      11)Which site did you here about us.....................
      Thanks and Best Regards.
      Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. They will look lovely on any table at any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a gorgeous set, Heidi - I would use it year round too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty table set, and I, too, think it could be used year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table runner and placemats. Almost too pretty to use! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really like that runner, the color combo is wonderful. I think I might have to whip up something like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful runner, mats and napkins! Congrats on finishing up your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful! I love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The runner and place mats are stunning. These will work well all year round and still be perfect for Christmas, too.
    What a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful table runner and place mats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your runner and placemats are gorgeous. Love the colors/fabrics too! I bet the recipient loves them and will be using them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them, and so will the lucky recipient! I like to use Auriful, too, but have found a fun thread locally for more than half the price, so when I can get it, I use it, first. Neither of my machines like the Essential Threads from Connecting Threads, but many quilters use it successfully. These days, we have to shop smart! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heidi...your blog has been quiet. WHat ya up too??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...