Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sew Kitschy Kitchen Mixer Block - Catching Up!

This weekend I was able to complete the May Sew Kitschy block from Kristy at Quiet Play's BOM.
I love this block even though, for me, this was the most challenging so far. I wish I had used a darker gray for the inside of the bowl, as I see some of those shared on the Flickr group have done, but I will be able to better define it when quilting. I had to rip seams a few times. Even with that, I still like using the tracing paper foundation - for the ease of removal.

I have no experience in paper foundation piecing and wonder if I am alone in the use of tracing paper?

Linking up today with Lyn at BOM's Away!

2 comments:

  1. I love this block! Yours turned out so nice in your fabrics. I wouldn't worry one bit about the gray on the inside being the same - as you said, you can put distinction in with the quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great block! I love the floral wallpaper background! For paper piecing I use the cheapest thinnest writing pad paper. I can use it in my printer but it's thin and easy enough to remove.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...