Wednesday, May 22, 2013

OP Fabric Score!

I have always been a budget quilter, and love Make-Do quilting. My fabric collection is borderline excessive, and since I have been out of work I have done a bit of de-stashing, but it seems I just can't stop adding as well. I often have good intentions of re-sale when I score great fabric, then trouble parting with them once I get them home and washed. I spent $28 yesterday, and I am not sure I can let go of any of my finds, but maybe I will be hungrier next week (!)

 

 2yds each of Glacier Peak by Benartex, 2yds Ricky Tims, 4+ yds of Art by the Yard, and 1yd each of Moda dots. + 1.5yds home dec from Ikea.
 
 
 
I found this great quilt of vintage fabrics (pic is folded in half). I love that it is unlined and lightweight, & knew right away I would keep it since it is perfect for desert weather. It had never been washed, very simply tied and with no binding. It is so kinda ugly that I absolutely love it.
I think the same quilter made these next two baby quilts:
 Yesterday I completed the Vroom Vroom quilt for my good friend's good friend's toddler.
It finished 39" x 53".
 I had intended to machine bind, but as is usually the case for me, I just couldn't do it, and stitched it up while watching movies with my hubby.
 
Today's Work in Progress is Terry's Quilt (my father-in law). I completed the blocks yesterday and chose a solid tan fabric for sashing to make today. My mother in-law requested a soft quilt to replace Terry's current quilt which is badly tattered.
 Terry lives in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range, in Washington State, so when I found this print yesterday (yes, included in my $28 purchase!) I thought is was perfect for the backing. It is soft & kinda flannelish in texture. I am not sure there will be enough however. I will play with piecing options after I wash it today.
It is slightly more tan than the pic and will go well, so my heart is set on it - I hope it works!




 

1 comment:

  1. Your Vroom Vroom quilt is great! And you've got some amazing fabric and quilt finds there. No wonder you couldn't resist :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...