Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mug Rug Swap

I have completed two mug rugs for the swap I am participating in!

The Mug Rug Swap is hosted by Michele at Quilting Gallery. This is my first 'swap' and I chose to do these Mug Rugs because they are adorable, and because I have never done applique in this manner - with the hand embroidery work. I want to expand my quilting to include some art quilts, and thought this would be a great place to start.

These cute little patterns are from The Patchsmith.

I tackled the owl's first...


It was Valentine's Day when I pieced the top for the next one: The Birdie Quilt:
 
 
I was a bit frustrated with the Blanket Stitch by then, and chose to piece the birdhouse. I used my machine to blanket stitch the bird and snow.
 
I just need to add a label and pop these little treasures in the mail to my secret recipient. Too fun!!

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Im sure who ever receives them will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your mug rugs. I particularly like the quilting on the bird and birdhouse. The coaster with the Easter bird is good too. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...